Statistics moved to here
Things we are currently working on - May-June 2021
- Continuing research of early Higson ancestors and their descendants into the 20th century.
There are now about 180 people in this descendant tree.
- We have added the CLOVER family (related to George Washington RODGER)
- We are improving our records for the WHAWELL, BABUT, LONGSON, CARRINGTON and BAGSHAW families.
- The content and format of some census records is "odd", we are finding and correcting them.
- Work on the Woodford families continues.
- We have broken the "People" page into two pieces - "Indexes" and "Lists".
- Continuing research of early Higson ancestors and their descendants.
We have found some problems with our Higson records centered around the time our branch of the family left Yorkshire
and moved to Levenshulme, Manchester.
As a result we have removed 83 people from this website, and added them to our "Other" website.
We are re-building our research into the Higson family in the 17th, 18th and 19th century,
and have added or changed about 400 people in this family since January 2021.
- We have added a new list of the twins & triplets in our records.
The format of this list, and of other similar lists has been improved.
- We are continuing the reorganization of the Rigby families.
- The Shard, Heath, Pearson, Swindells & Shadwell families in the Cheadle, Woodford & Poyton area continue to cause problems,
we are gradually adding more information about them, and clarifying the family relationships.
- We will clean up of all Canadian & USA entries, especially census entries.
- We have a special concentration on baptism records.
- There are small changes/additions to the Boswell/Whawell families of Derbyshire & Manchester.
- Also to the James/Ward family of Dawley, Shropshire.
- And the Simpson family of High Legh, Cheshire.
- And the Humphreys family of the Wrexham area.
Changes 2020 October, November, December
- We have continued our research on early Higson ancestors and their descendants.
We have added the father of Thomas Higson, baptized Thorton in Craven 1725, as Thomas Higson c 1700.
We have removed the parents of Elizabeth Kirk born c.1750.
- Several thousand citations have been modified, more details will now appear on the website.
- We have combined several Rigby groups into just two families.
- We have combined several Shard groups into a few distinct families, which we believe are directly related.
- We have updated all the descendants of Thomas Grimshaw (1798-1839) and Isabella Banks Penkethman (1805-1892).
- We have updated the "Pearson2" family - descendants of John Pearson (1787-1848) and Margaret Downes (1787-1846).
We believe they are related to our main Pearson family, but we can not yet show the link.
- We have extended the SWIFT family, which is linked to the Braithwaite family by Thomas Swift (1813-1871).
More than 120 people have been added to this family.
- The Shadwell/Shatwell extended families, in the Woodford area of Cheshire, continue to cause confusion.
We are working to clarify their census entries and their links to the Pearson families.
- We are extending the Pearson, Hewitt and Butler families.
- We currently have access to the "UK Library Edition" of the Ancestry website, which we are using to fill in the gaps in our USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand information.
- All references to "Heapey Chapel", "St Barnabas, Heapey" and "St Barnabas, Heapey, Leyland" have been combined.
- New list of the twins & triplets in our records.
Changes 2020 July-August-September
- We have found errors and omissions in the SWIFT family linked to the Burton family by Martha Swift (1878-1963).
- We have added many descendants of Henry Shackleton (1788-1874) and his wife Barbara Hargrave (1787-1860).
Many of this family served with the British Army.
Their life histories record their travels around the world - England, Ireland, New Zealand, Cape Colony/South Africa.
- We continue to amend and clarify sources, and to add detail to citations.
- We are correcting and extending our information on the Middleton family (connected to Longson).
- While tracing our DNA matches we have found or extended several family lines.
No living members of these families are shown on our website, nor our linkage to them.
- Information from Canadian & US census is now shown in a new format.
- Where we have found obituaries, their existence is now shown even if we have been unable to access the details.
- The timeline information about the deaths of children has been corrected.
- Added a chart in the Burton charts page for the complex Lysons-Dunkerley families.
- We are modifying the way we record "other information" about marriages to be neater and more consistent.
Changes 2020 January-June
- Large parts of the Shackleton family has been reviewed, revised and extended.
- The Butler family and the linked Sharman families have been revised, many "new" people were added.
- All early Shadwell people now have an "official" family name of SHATWELL (the majority), and an alternate of SHADWELL.
The name in early records varies, but as literacy improved different family branches adopted their particular spelling.
A similar convention has been applied to LEECH/LEACH/LEITCH, LANWARN/LLANWARNE, BONSALL/BONSELL/BONSEL and PEARSON/PIERSON/PERSON.
- The former pedigree link on each person's page has been replaced by a new, improved dynamic pedigree chart, created by the new "Second Site" software.
- Extra TIMELINE entries will now appear on every person, showing birth/marriage/death of children, and death of parents.
- We continue to simplify and re-organise all sources, and references to them.
- Added the Lanwarn/Llanwarne family.
- Added the Kelly family.
- A complete re-organisation of the Butler family with at least 50 new people added.
- We have started work on the Pearson, Shard, Faulkner families, and fixed some Shatwell omissions.
- The Stacey family has been extended to confirm a DNA linkage.
- As we work through other DNA matches we will add some information to our records.
Most of our DNA matches WILL NOT APPEAR online since they are alive !
Also we purposely suppress some family branches from our website, for various reasons.
- The sidebar menu has been replaced by a simple menu below the title,
and the contents of each main page reviewed to match.
- We are extending and re-formatting all citations, and the sources we have used,
we are working to replace "old" sources with "modern" alternatives (for example IGI & Family Search).
- We have cleaned up the historic database statistics, we now only show one line of statistics for a month.
- A new "Birth Record" tag has been added, to cope with Baptist chapel registrations of births (NOT baptisms! NOT Christening. NOT Civil Registrations)
- A new "Canadian Census" tag has been added, to show the Canadian censuses.
- These families have been created, extended or re-organised
- Bonsall, and the related Palfreyman.
- Ireland family.
- Burton family to connect the Turner & Bowerbank/Bowbank.
- Braithwaite and connect the Broadhurst, Bate, Singleton, Henshall, Massey families.
- Sparks family.
- Steel(e)/Glendening/Conky family, connected to the Swift family.
- Parker, and related families have been extended with about 40 new people.
Number of People Changed/Added each Month
Statistics generated Wednesday 09/06/2021
- We exclude from our website anyone that (maybe) alive, and certain family "twigs".
- Of the 8351 individuals in our database, our main website now shows 7646 people.
- Of these 306 are identified as ancestors including 145 "Brick walls".
- There are 2394 relatives - descendants of ancestors,
- and 4405 people related by marriage - spouses of relatives & their ancestors, descendants & spouses.
- The remaining 541 people, include boarders, lodgers, employers, employees, servants, visitors,
- and people not yet classified (newly added).
Details of activities in earlier years is suppressed.